NEET 2018 Age Eligibility
- Minimum she/he has completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the MBBS course and is an Indian National.
- The upper age limit for NEET is 25 years as on 31st December and this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC category.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Foreign Nationals are eligible for NEET subject to rules & regulations framed by the respective Sate Governments and Govt. of India
Academic Eligibility (Minimum percentage):
- 50% marks for General category, 45% marks for Gen-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC or SC/ST/OBC-PH category students obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examinations.
- Students must pass Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology (including practical test) or any other elective subject with English.
c. Entrance Qualifying Criteria: (Minimum percentile)
- Qualifying criterion has been changed from 50% of absolute marks in NEET to 50th percentile for GC, 45th percentile for GC-PH, 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC students in NEET to ensure that no seat remains unfilled.
- The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in All India common merit list in NEET for admission to MBBS course.
d. No state eligibility criteria will be applicable the students who take admission under 15% All India Quota Scheme.
e. Number of Attempts: A maximum of three attempts.
NEET-State Code of Eligibility:
Candidates may choose State Code(s) on the basis of his/her eligibility to claim seats under State Quota in any State. Candidate’s rank in the merit list for 85% State Quota seats will be generated on the basis of the State Code of Eligibility filled in by the Candidates in the application form.